The Trainers transform their research paper into 15 SOS Physical Education teaching module sheets, each of them addressing a topic.
In order to enhance its efficacy, each sheet have both a theoretical part and a series of work groups and physical activities examples.
Teachers will learn about the content of the PE module during the classrom training and practical experiences that will be delivered to all of them in December in Padova, Italy. Afterwards, this module will be used for the implementation in the 4 high schools in order to assess its impact and transferability.
Indeed, the partner schools have in common the fact of being sport schools, but they are inserted in diverse school systems. Hence, the module will be built taking into account the fact that it should be possible to be implemented in any kind of school and particularly in those high schools where sports and physical education are not the main subjects.
The SOS Physical Education teaching module is composed by the following topics:
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY and HEALTH
- Theory, techniques and teaching methods of sports
- Sport education adapted to school settings
- Physical and mental wellbeing
- Educational role of sport: the unwritten rules
- Health enhancing physical activity
FAIR PLAY and INTEGRITY
- Human Rights and Sport
- Fair play
- Sport Violence
- Anti-discrimination and racism
- Sport Values
LIFE and EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS
- Performing under pressure
- Sense of responsibility /leadership
- Self motivation and motivating others
- Collaboration / teamwork